This is the best place to learn more about dota 2 betting. We have gather all the information from hours of grind and created a guide that will give you everything you need to get started. After reading this article you will have strategies for you to become more successful at dota 2 betting than before, understand what is key when choosing a dota 2 betting site and we also put together a table with dota 2 betting sites.
- Dota 2 Betting Guide – Strategies to becoming a successful dota 2 bettor
- How to choose the best dota 2 betting sites for you!
- Esport betting websites offering dota 2 betting
Dota 2 betting guide – Strategies to becoming a successful Dota 2 bettor
E-Sports are the new thing in the sports betting world, and many bettors started to explore ways and possibilities of how to be profitable in this betting branch. In this guide, we will try to explain to our readers how to understand the basic things around e-Sports betting market and how to be more successful and profitable betting on e-Sports, particularly on one of the most popular games, Dota 2. Dota 2 betting became exteremely popular in the e-Sports industry because it is a fast-paced and exciting game to play and watch.
Dota 2 betting is a complex discipline that is sometimes hard to comprehend, but if you manage to understand some of the basic rules and stick to them, we have no doubt that you will be profitable e-Sports, and Dota 2 bettor.
Dota 2 betting isn’t much different than betting on any other favorite video game, like League of Legends or CS: GO , but some differences and tricks can help you earn money in the long run. The most important thing that you need to understand is the way how this video game works and to spot the perfect opportunity to place the winning bet.
What is Dota 2 and History of the GameDota 2 (Defence of the Ancients 2) is a sequel to Defence of the Ancients game, which was mod created for Warcraft III. Development of the game was long, and the game was released on Steam in 2013, after almost two years of Beta testing.
Dota 2 may appear remarkably similar to the League of Legends (LOL) game, as those two games have the same concept, but there are some significant differences between those two games, regarding the gameplay and strategy.
This real-time strategy game is played between two teams, each with five players and every player controls one hero. Heroes in the game have different roles, abilities and require a different style of play. Some of them are suitable for players with quick reflexes and agility, while others are more suited for players who prefer to use strategy. Characters (heroes) have abilities divided into three categories: Agility, Intelligence and Strenght, and every hero has runes that enhance his/her abilities. In general, there are two types of heroes: Carry and Support.
The goal of the game is to destroy the large structure owned by the opposite team, called the „Ancient.“
Dota 2 Betting Scene
Dota 2 is one of the most popular e-Sports titles, and there is a significant number of people that love Dota 2 betting. Bookmakers saw the opportunity a few years ago, and nowadays there is a number of respectable and popular bookmakers that offer betting markets on all major and regional events.
Dota 2 has a wide range of tournaments during the season, and those tournaments are divided into Premier Events, Major Events, and Minor Events. Premier Events are huge and popular tournaments, where the prize pool is always massive. For example, on the biggest tournament of the year, The International, prize pool was 25 million dollars in 2018. Naturally, sportsbooks cover all the premier and major tournaments, and they offer to the bettors to bet on those matches.
Betting Markets Offered
Like in other e-Sports, bookmakers offer several different betting markets to the sports bettors. That gives bettors an excellent chance to find the best and most suited market that will help them be more successful Dota 2 betting.
- MATCH WINNER MARKET – the basic and most straightforward market to bet on. In this market, you simply predict which team will win the match. This market is similar to the money line bet in basketball or tennis (sports without draw option).
- INDIVIDUAL MAP MARKET – this is a similar market to the match winner market, but with one exception. In this market you will bet on a winner of the specific round winner. For example, you will not bet that your favorite team will win the match, you will win that your favorite team will win the first map. This market is similar to quarter betting in basketball, or set betting in tennis. It is a rather tricky market, as some teams despite being better can make some silly mistakes and lose selected map, so be careful when you decide to bet on this market.
- FIRST BLOOD BETTING MARKET – a very popular market, but on the other hand very hard to predict. It is basically coin flip bet, as you need to predict which team will make a kill first in the map.
- MAP HANDICAP – market very much similar to the Asian handicap betting in the football. You simply need to predict how much the difference between map wins will be between two teams in the match. With Map Handicap you can get better odds if your Dota 2 betting strategy is based on betting on favorites.
- OVER/UNDER BETTING MARKET – this market is the same as Over/Under betting markets on other sports with one big difference. You bet on the number of minutes the particular map will be played.
5 Golden Rules to be successful in Dota 2 Betting
Like in any other sport or e-Sport, in order to be successful in Dota 2 betting, you will need to have several general skills and some specific skills.
- DISCIPLINE – this is one of the most important things every sports bettor must know. If you are disciplined and you don’t lose your temper lightly, you will be able to spot value in odds and to beat the bookmakers in the long run.
- FIND THE RIGHT BOOKMAKERS – finding the right bookmaker isn’t the easiest job in the world, as many bookmakers have aggressive marketing, but they don’t offer to the customer’s things that are essential for sports betting. Look for the bookmaker that have good, competitive odds and low margins, a wide range of payment methods, covers a lot of Dota 2 events and most importantly has betting licenses. That way you and your betting bank will be safe.
- LEARN THE GAME – Dota 2 betting will be really hard if you don’t know the game inside out. You will need to have some knowledge about every single character in the game, about playing styles, tactics and other stuff that is important for this kind of game.
- FOLLOW THE DOTA 2 COMMUNITY – this is an important thing that you need to do if you want to be productive in Dota 2 betting. This game has a lot of fans, and the community is vast. Following the forums, news feeds and social networks will help you gather vital pieces of information regarding players, teams, rumors and other stuff that can be essential for your betting journey.
- KEEP RECORD – this is one of the things that can really help you be more effective. Without a record sheet you will not know where you make mistakes, and with a sheet you can keep track of your bets and team performances on certain events against any other team.
How to choose the best Dota 2 betting site?
Some independent reports show the staggering numbers when it comes to the revenue from E-sports betting in the past few years, and it is natural that sports betting brands saw the opportunity and decided to capitalize on the popularity of the E-sports in general.
Dota 2 tournaments have the biggest prize pool in E-sports. Last season, the International (the biggest Dota 2 tournament in the world) had the prize pool of 25 million US dollars. This kind of money attracts a lot of attention from sports bettors, and naturally, there are a lot of Dota 2 betting sites that offer markets on those events.
What is Dota 2 and History of the Game
Dota 2 was released in 2013, after several years of testing and it is a sequel to the Defence of the Ancients game. The original title was mod created for favorite video game Warcraft III. Dota 2 has a similar concept to another popular E-sports game League of Legends, but those two games are pretty different overall.
Dota 2 is a real-time strategy game played between two teams with five players on each side. Every player controls one hero. The basics of the game-play are quite similar to other MOBA games, as you need to collect gold and kill enemy units in order to gain skill with your hero and build up your inventory with items. You and your teammates need to destroy enemy towers until you reach and destroy the main building called the Ancient. The team that destroys the Ancient of the enemy team first wins the game.
Every player controls one character called a hero. Heroes in the game are divided into separate categories, such as Intelligence, Strength, and Agility. Currently, there are more than 110 unique heroes in the game, and every hero has different strengths, weaknesses, and abilities.
Ways to bet on Dota 2 matches
As we already said, betting markets on Dota 2 events and tournaments are quite popular among sportsbooks and specialized sites for E-sports betting. There are hundreds of sites that offer betting markets on Dota 2, and bettors can choose their favorite sportsbook accordingly.
We always suggest to register and bet on respectable and trustworthy betting sites and to avoid the shady ones. Those shady websites don’t have gambling licenses, and your money and personal data aren’t safe at those places.
Most of the reputable betting sites will offer you several betting markets, and some of the most popular betting markets on Dota 2 such as match winner market, individual map winner market, handicap betting market, outright winner market and under/over betting market. More about those markets you can read on our complete betting guide on Dota 2.
Overall, there are excellent opportunities for the sports bettors who will decide to join some of the best Dota 2 betting sites.
5 Factors to Consider When Choosing the best Dota 2 betting site
Choosing the best Dota 2 betting site isn’t the easy task as it may seem on the first look. Despite there are many reputable betting sites, bettors should be aware that every single betting site offers to the customer’s different things when it comes to betting on E-sports.
There are several crucial things that you should look at every single sportsbook, and then evaluate which sportsbook offers the best opinions for you. Many factors can determine if some betting site is good for you.
Here are some critical factors that you should take into consideration when you choose your favorite Dota 2 betting site:
- CUSTOMER REVIEWS – before you decide is it smart to register at some sportsbook, we suggest you do your own research about the specific betting site. Nowadays, many specialized websites review sportsbooks and give their opinions about their quality. Don’t take their word for granted, as some of them are not 100% honest, but once you read the reviews try to find reviews from members of those sites. Usually, sportsbooks that have shady intentions will have several bad reviews from unhappy customers. That way you will be able to eliminate dangerous and dishonest websites early on.
- GAMBLING LICENSE – gambling license is extremely important, as certain regions in the world have specific legislation and gambling sites can’t operate without proper gambling license. Legal gambling sites usually have one or several gambling licenses. The most respectable gambling licenses in the sports betting industry are the United Kingdom Gambling Commission, Malta Gaming Authority, Gibraltar Regulatory Authority and Curacao Gambling Control Board. Our recommendation is to avoid betting sites that don’t have any gambling licenses as you may end up without your money.
- BONUSES AND PROMOTIONS – in the modern betting industry many websites fight for the new customers, and they offer lucrative welcome bonus offers and promotions for new and regular customers. You should take the advantage, and lurk for the best possible deal in the market. The best offer on paper isn’t always the best offer for you, as you should carefully read the terms and conditions of those bonuses. Some sportsbooks offer huge welcome bonuses with unrealistic wagering requirements. The best Dota 2 betting sites will always offer you a decent welcome bonus offer with reasonable wagering requirements.
- ODDS AND MARGINS – the quality of the odds and betting margins are also important. You should look for the Dota 2 betting site that offers the highest odds and the lowest margins on the market. Importance of margins in sports betting is huge, as a low margin gives you the edge in the long run. We wrote about the importance of betting margins in our article, and if you are interested in reading about that subject, you should visit this link.
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT & COMMUNITY – often this segment of bookmaker or casino is overlooked, but in fact this is one of the most essential features that separate excellent betting site from average. Knowledgeable and fast responsive customer support that is online 24/7 is something that every respected and trusted Dota 2 betting site should have. Communities aren’t perhaps the most important factor when you choose your Dota 2 betting site, but it is a big plus. With large and active community, you will be able to read exciting and fresh news, to discuss upcoming events and to improve your overall e-Sports knowledge.
Choosing a safe and reliable sportsbook isn’t an easy thing. Don’t forget that your selected sportsbook is your playground where you will make a profit or lose money. That’s why it is important to choose wisely and not to rush with your decision. Competition between E-sport betting sites is huge, and every day something new happens.
To be a successful sports bettor, you will need to have luck, skill, discipline and excellent and trustworthy Dota 2 betting site by your side. Don’t forget that sport betting isn’t a sprint and that you need to be profitable in the long run.
Esports betting websites offering Dota 2 betting
Today almost all of the serious esports betting sites are offering Dota 2 betting. It is the most common esports to bet on. We are always updating the tables and if you would find an error please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Website||Rating||Bonus||BitCoin||Esportvice review||Sign up|
5€ sign up + 30€ deposit