- Complete Starcraft 2 betting Guide
- How to choose the best Starcraft 2 betting site
- Ranking of available Starcraft 2 betting sites
Back in 1998 when the first Starcraft game was released by Blizzard, no one could imagine that E-sports genre will be born. But quickly the game became extremely popular, especially in South Korea, and the rest is the history. The game was such a hit in Asia that in the early 2000s there were professional teams that had lucrative sponsorship deals with Samsung and SK Telecom.
Starcraft 2 came out in 2010 and quickly became a worldwide sensation. This game was number one on E-sports heaven for some two years before it took a significant hit by MOBA phenomenon called League of Legends. Despite Starcraft isn’t the most viewed and played E-sports game in the world, even today it has a vast fan base and a lot of people enjoy Starcraft 2 esports betting.
Maybe one of the reasons why Starcraft 2 lost popularity (despite the fact that LOL is a simply an amazing game) was the betting scandal in 2010. In that incident, several Korean pro players were accused of throwing games for financial gain deliberately. There were eleven players involved, and all of them got lifetime suspension from professional gaming.
But Starcraft 2 managed to survive those incidents and today is Starcraft 2 esports betting scene is strong again. There are a lot of people that love betting on E-sports and Starcraft 2 is one of the most popular games for recreational and professional E-sport bettors.
What is Starcraft 2 and History of the Game
Starcraft 2 is one of the games that set the path for other E-sports games in the sports betting world. We can say that Starcraft series of games has been one of the most influential games on the entire E-sports scene. This game is extremely popular in South Korea and North America, and this game played a huge role in establishing video gaming as a legitimate sport. Nowadays, there are sports academies in South Korea where gamers train for competitions like any other athletes.
This real-time strategy game (RTS) was developed by Blizzard Entertainment, and it was released in 2010. That year they won a game of the year title and gained a huge fan-base. Starcraft 2 is a sequel to a top-rated game from 1998, called Starcraft. Even today, the original Starcraft game has a vast fan-base, and there are tournaments in that game as well.
Starcraft 2 is fast-paced strategy game is exciting to watch, and despite there is significant competition from other games (especially League of Legends and Dota 2) on E-sports heaven, these titles are still trendy among players and fans and attract a vast amount of sponsorship money for tournaments. Because of the popularity of those games, many betting sites offer to their customers chance to bet on all major Starcraft 2 events, and there are a lot of solid Starcraft 2 betting sites.
Starcraft 2 esports Betting Scene
Despite the fact that League of Legends and Dota 2 hold the throne among E-sport games, Starcraft 2 has a wide and loyal base of bettors, that love to follow and regularly bet on Starcraft 2 tournaments.
Every season there are a lot of tournaments worldwide, with some respectable prize pools, such as GSL Super Tournament, WCS Series, and Global Starcraft 2 Season. Many sportsbooks offer those events for people who love Starcraft 2 esports betting.
Betting Markets Offered
As we already stated, Starcraft 2 esports betting is a bit different than betting on League of Legends or Dota 2, simply because there is no team play, and we have a one-on-one matchup between professional players. We will talk about betting strategies and tips for more profit on Starcraft 2 a bit later in this article. Now we will focus on betting markets that sportsbooks offer to the Starcraft 2 bettors. Of course, number and type of those betting markets may differ from sportsbook to sportsbook. Most popular betting markets in this E-sports game are:
- MATCH WINNER MARKET – this is one of the most straightforward markets in sports betting. You predict who will be the winner of the match. If your selection wins the match, you will win the money, and if your selections lose the match, you will lose your money.
- INDIVIDUAL MAP WINNER – most of the matches are played in best of three, or best of five system, where the player needs to win two or three individual games to win the match. This market is similar to Match Winner Market, but you need to predict the winner of the specific map.
- CORRECT MAP SCORE – in this particular market you will need to predict the exact score of the entire match. For example, you will bet that one player will win 3-0. In order to win your bet, a player that you selected must win all individual maps.
- OUTRIGHT BET MARKET – in this market you will predict the winner of the entire tournament. Usually, you will need to place your bet before the tournament starts. This is a pretty tricky market, as you need to have wide and complete knowledge about all the competitors in the selected event.
- OVER/UNDER TOTAL MAPS – an interesting market where you need to predict the number of maps that will be played during the match. Similar to other Over/Under markets in other E-sports and sports.
- OTHER MARKETS – depending on sportsbook you can see some extra betting markets such as Team A to win at least one map or Team A not to win at least one map, Handicap, etc.
Tips and Tricks to be successful in Starcraft 2 Betting
Starcraft 2 esports betting is a bit different than betting on any other E-sport. The main difference is the number of players involved in the game, as we said previously in Starcraft 2 we have one-on-one matchup (while in CSGO, LOL, and Dota 2 teams are made of five players on each side). So besides general betting skills that are must for any sports bettor (discipline, money management, staking system, and respectable sportsbook) you need to have a specific set of skills to beat the sportsbooks in the long run.
Here are some specific tips that you need to know if you want to bet on Starcraft 2:
- LEARN THE RULES OF THE GAME – the more you know about the game, the better. You will have only problems if you start Starcraft 2 esports betting without basic knowledge of the game and game rules. You should watch as many games as you can (Twitch, Youtube), read forums and articles about teams and players, and overall have a vast knowledge of the entire Starcraft community.
- ANALYSE PLAYERS AND STRATEGIES – Every professional player has his own style of play and uses a certain strategy when it comes to playing the game. For example, almost every player has his favorite species that he plays and uses a specific strategy when he plays the game. Knowing this information will help you decide if certain odds represent the value or not.
- RESEARCH TOURNAMENT RULES – before any tournament and event read the rules. That way you will know how much player needs to be effective in order to win the match. Also, that can be rewarding if you love playing on underdogs, because sometimes in short matches, underdogs can make a surprise.
- LURK FOR THE BEST ODDS – sometimes sportsbooks have a different view on certain markets, so it is smart to look for the best possible odds. That way you will be able to make long term profit and beat the sportsbooks betting on Starcraft2.
Starcraft 2 esports betting can be very profitable if you manage to learn the game and to have fresh information. Sportsbooks often make mistakes on this E-sport, and there is plenty of opportunities for skilled bettors to make a lucrative profit. It is important to remember that sports betting is serious business and ever to bet more than you can afford to lose.
Choosing the best Starcraft 2 betting site can be difficult there are a lot of different betting sites out there and we have tried to give you the right tools to make a good decision. Its tough enough finding the right odds to have to struggle with finding the best site to place those bets. Here are a few tips and tricks that you can use when picking your site.
Ways to bet on Starcraft 2 matches
Despite this game was a pioneer of E-sports betting, in recent years this franchise lost a lot of followers and betting customers, primarily because of few extremely popular MOBA games like Dota 2 and League of Legends. Those games are popular worldwide, and tournaments have a bigger prize pool and a wider audience.
Still, there is a lot of people that remained faithful to this game, and major tournaments like World Championship Series (WCS), Corsair Cup, Star League, etc. attract fine audience both via live streams and betting wise.
Most of the popular sports betting companies allow players to bet on Starcraft 2 and several respected specialized sites offer E-sports exclusively in their betting offer. Despite there are not many sportsbooks that allow betting on Starcraft 2, there is still a possibility for the bettors to search and find some good Starcraft 2 betting sites.
Starcraft 2 betting scene „fly under the radar,“ and gives the perfect opportunity for expert bettors to find value in odds. Because this game is complex and fast-paced, sometimes sportsbooks don’t have fresh and updated information about match-ups and players. In those cases, you can find significant odds and line differences between sportsbooks, and that can give you a nice advantage.
Factors to Consider When Choosing between Starcraft 2 betting sites
Finding the best Starcraft 2 betting sites isn’t the easy thing. There is a lower amount of betting sites that offer Starcraft 2 betting markets, so the bettors must be extremely selective when it comes to deciding where to register and deposit the money for betting on E-sports.
Don’t forget that sportsbooks must fight for their clients and that sports betting and E-sports betting industry is a very competitive industry, so all the sportsbooks must fight for their customers. All the big brand companies offer to their players Starcraft 2 betting, and that is the good thing because those companies are trustworthy and respected so you can be sure that you will be treated fairly and that your money is in the safe hands.
Nevertheless, there are some factors that every respectable and trustworthy Starcraft 2 betting sites must have. Things that you should look for are:
- SAFETY AND RELIABILITY – stay away from suspicious and new betting sites that aren’t reviewed by other players or third party sites. E-sports betting industry is vast industry, but community follows all betting sites closely and react fast when the problem emerges. The reliable betting site should have at least one gambling license and state of the art customer safety protocols. That way your personal and financial data will be safe. Also, it is important to find a betting site that has no, or a low number of customers complains regarding fairness towards their customers.
- BONUSES AND PROMOTIONS – almost all betting site offer new players some kind of promotional welcome offer. In most cases, those bonus offers are so-called deposit bonuses (you get bonus money after you make the first deposit), but some betting sites give to their customers even more. Those bonuses and promotions are a nice thing but don’t get hooked quickly. Some of those bonuses come with unrealistic wagering requirements that will not allow you to transfer bonus money into real money account. Because of that sometimes it is better to take a lower bonus with better wagering requirements than to take a huge bonus with non-achievable terms. For example, Pinnacle sportsbook, don’t offer any kind of welcome bonus for their new customers, but they have the best odds and lowest margins in the industry, and on top of that they don’t limit winners.
- EVENTS COVERED, MARKETS, ODDS, AND MARGINS – all of those things are very important factors that you need to have in mind when you choose your preferable Starcraft 2 betting sites. Naturally, you need to look for the betting site that covers at least all the major tournaments that will occur in the near future. After you find such a site, then you need to see if they offer all the popular markets such as Match Winner betting, Map Winner betting, and Outright Winner. In the end, you will need to cross reference betting sites with their odds and margins. This is important as you will need to have the best possible odds and lowest margins in order to make a profit in the long term.
Finding the best Starcraft 2 betting sites is an extremely important thing. That betting site will be your starting point in your betting on E-sports journey, and you need to have the best possible conditions to be profitable.
The best possible advice that we can give you is to be patient and not to rush your decision. As we said, the E-sports betting industry is a competitive place and every day new offer appears. Take your chance and get the best possible deal for yourself.
Ultimate Starcraft 2 betting Guide
When reading through our Starcraft 2 betting guide you will learn what you can bet on, the betting scene, tips and tricks to be more succesful, tools to pi